Mechanical Designer Engineer - Contract - Hampshire
- Type Contract
- Locatie Hampshire, England
- Sector Engineering
A prestigious Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering design consultancy based in Hampshire, with an established background in yachts, commercial and naval vessels is looking for Mechanical Design Engineer for a 6 months contract.
- Utilises a strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical systems design
- Undertaking engineering calculations from first principles and class societies
- Undertake mechanical and diagrammatic drawing packages for submission to class societies
- Prepare propulsion drive line and shaft line arrangements
- Reviewing construction drawings and 3D production models
- Performing engineering studies, technical evaluations and various analyses/studies
- Reviewing classification and shipyard appraisal comments
- Communicating with regulatory bodies and clients
- Providing technical input into vessel specifications and tendering arrangements
- To be consider, you must have:
- Degree qualified with a minimum of 6 year's experience
- Experience 2D & 3D CAD and other specialist software as required to produce and review design information
- Shipyard experience / understanding of production requirements desirable
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Capable of developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients
- Highly motivated when working as part of a team If you feel like is matching with your skills, please apply with your up to date CV or if we spoke recently, reply the email showing your interest.
To be consider for the position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales